Yes it IS hard to get excited about not being productive for 10 minutes or more. Haha BUT people who meditate have lower levels of anxiety, higher creativity, and better emotional regulation. Knowing that helps me keep in touch with how important meditating every day is to me. Setting a meditation alarm to remind me helps a lot, and I have a meditation app that uses bells and atmosphere sounds to create a more meditative environment. I also recommend having a specific mediation place in your home or office. Go there, take off your shoes, and have a cushion ready. Physically going to a space that is for meditating helps your brain say “I’m in my meditation space, that means it’s time to slow down.”
Firstly, I feel like when you go ahead and do your practice every day it eventually becomes a habit. You'll also start to see the benefits of the practice outside of your meditation time, and that also encourages wanting to practice more as you rewire your brain. Actually I just had a thought during meditation today about this too, as I've been leaning towards wanting to fast or at least be more aware of when I'm eating. How long does it take to prepare and eat a snack that you don't really need/aren't actually hungry for. Could that "eating because I'm bored" feeling, be replaced by 10 minutes of meditation. Could tuning into your body and sorting out why you feel like eating and even deciding if you're truly hungry, dissuade snacking? Anyway I feel like it's only a few minutes that has a plethora of benefits for all your systems 🙂
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?