The best thing I did to help with motivation is create a routine. I get up every morning and workout. I also have visual cues in my bedroom. I’ll put out my exercise clothes the night before.
If I still don’t want to get out of bed, I remember my why. Why I am going to the gym? My why is my kids and being the best version of myself for them.
Ask yourself how you’ll feel if you don’t do what you need to. If I don’t workout now, I know I’ll be cranky all day.
Even all these things don’t help me feel it some days. It’s those days when you don’t feel motivated that matter most. Do it anyway. Show up anyway. You’ll feel better once you do.
If I still feel 'blah', i understand that its ok and focus on the easier tasks instead of the whole routine.
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴