That being said, I resort to the old Taoist saying, “Act without acting on, work without working at”. Instead, find joy in the activity. Besides, if it gets hard, ask your wife for support! Congratulations and best wishes!
Exercise is the way I know I’m taking care of myself and not headed into a dark place. Weight gets harder and harder to lose and injuries get more and more common. I exercise because it keeps me sane and motivated and optimistic about my future. My fitness lets me do things I love, like hiking and biking and dancing and scuba diving and exploring new places on foot. Exercise helps me feel confident in every area of my life. I still struggle with getting as much as I should from time to time, so don’t be too hard on yourself.
I know how vital exercise is to my health and well-being, so I have made it a priority to incorporate it into my every day life because I want the best for myself. 🥰
hope that helps. thanks for being vulnerable.
When I did strength training, I liked the feeling of getting stronger each session or noticing another changing muscle/body part, we were spotting them on each other with my SO and that was fun. Also at the end of working out I spent some time in the gym sauna and left with feeling strong, proud and relaxed.
Also really awesome side effect. If you build up your core, meaning lower back and abs, you will notice a marked improvement in balance and stability. If you were clumbsy before you won't be after and even when you do fall you will have more control, ex like when snowboarding or something.
Lastly, stretch. Stretching should take almost as long as your workout itself. Do this after your workout. You will feel better trust me and you won't be as sore.
I practice exercices because I want to feel good in my body then I will feel good in my mind too. I discovered few months ago I had a disease and I want to fight back to win the battle and prove to my body I can overcome it. Thanks for reading.
Keep exercising! You are doing a good job.
I’ve chosen to exercise with someone like my husband, work friends or a trainer. Helps keep me honest!!
I also want to build better relationships with people on my team.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.