I generally keep it last in the routine and mark it complete right as I put away my phone. It feels like a commitment to myself, so I usually don't end up keeping my phone out after I mark it complete. That said, you could also consider disconnecting to be something like plugging it in at its overnight charging spot outside your room. I think it's helpful to remember that it's meant to be a ritual, so whatever that looks like for you should be fine 🙂
I start my disconnect nature sound & out my phone away while I read my book. Then mark it complete once I’ve finish my reading for the day. Or I check the box & put my phone to charge away from self , relax & go to sleep.
I usually check it off the morning after. That way I know for sure that I did disconnect that night, rather than checking it off before and then forgetting and not disconnecting.
- How do you disconnect and then use your phone to do evening routine habits like mediation and checking off the fabulous tasks?
- Do you ever give yourself a “cheat day,” like on the weekend?
- Do you feel like your relationships can improve if you’re not on social media as much?
- What can I do at night time besides use my phone when I can’t fall asleep and my mind is racing?
- what is your method to avoid the phone?
- I’ve found that a lot of my screen time is actually spent messaging people – I don’t want to disconnect from people but how do I manage this?
- What do you do when you disconnect and unplug?
- Do others feel very down and disappointed about their habit too?
- Is it better to reply to texts or messages straight away so that you don’t feel pressured, or is it better to leave it until you feel ready?
- How do you disconnect for the night ?