Not much. I was trying to get away from a toxic boyfriend who just broke up with me and i deactivated every account i have.
Long, and when I’m tired, there is no stopping from mindlessly scrolling through Facebook. But I get better at stopping the madness 😆
When the last presidential election came around and I saw all the hate and stress in the rhetoric and posts, I disconnected. I still dabble, but for information; not for any regular activity.
I’m still in progress but I’ll start easy at first just 10 minutes after a week 20 minutes after another week 30 minutes and I’ll keep doing that till I’ll achieve my goal what is 60 minutes
Well, I never actually felt like being connected to other people through social media but still it took me quite a whole to disconnect though I still use WhatsApp on almost regular basis but the other forms of social media are completely disconnected. I always felt like I was getting all unnecessary information that will be of no use to me at all. It almost nearly been a month if I remember correctly.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?