Not much. I was trying to get away from a toxic boyfriend who just broke up with me and i deactivated every account i have.
Long, and when I’m tired, there is no stopping from mindlessly scrolling through Facebook. But I get better at stopping the madness 😆
When the last presidential election came around and I saw all the hate and stress in the rhetoric and posts, I disconnected. I still dabble, but for information; not for any regular activity.
I’m still in progress but I’ll start easy at first just 10 minutes after a week 20 minutes after another week 30 minutes and I’ll keep doing that till I’ll achieve my goal what is 60 minutes
Well, I never actually felt like being connected to other people through social media but still it took me quite a whole to disconnect though I still use WhatsApp on almost regular basis but the other forms of social media are completely disconnected. I always felt like I was getting all unnecessary information that will be of no use to me at all. It almost nearly been a month if I remember correctly.
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.