As for busy days or travelling, I use an app that creates these bodyweight circuits that one can do from anywhere. I accept that since anyone can do them from anywhere there are no excuses not to do them. Building the willpower to do something when you dont want to do something is the primary battle.
I don't care if you're working 40 hours or 120 hours. These workouts can be done on a train, in an office, on the bus, etc. I feel like when you acknowledge that and pump yourself up, you're waiting for that realization to so it. But the truly disciplined person doesn't wait. When they feel miserable and every fiber of their being is telling them they shouldn't work out, then standing up and doing it will build your character.
I reference the story of Prometheus doomed to push the boulder up the hill for all eternity. When you are sore and descending the hill realizing you have to push the boulder up for no reason or meaning whatsoever, that is when you find a semblance of character.
When traveling, I love trying new classes or even adventuring to the hotel gym. I'll wake up earlier and take that adventure.
- How essential is it to excersise in the morning if I’m already used to doing it in the evening and doing a quick stretching set in the morning?
- I tend to go to the gym and do long workout sessions. It becomes this big deal. How can I get in there and out really fast?
- What is your favorite exercise routine to do at home?
- I want to start gym in morning. But I am not able to get up before 8 am at all. 😉 How can I do it? Alarms and wake-up calls don’t work. Please help!
- The goal is to make exercise a lifestyle. How do I go about that?
- How do you improve and keep things fresh in your exercise habit?
- What exercises are in your morning routine?
- How is exercising every day different from just 2 to 4 times a week?
- How do you exercise outside in extreme cold or heat weather conditions?
- What do you say to yourself to keep exercising when it gets difficult, you don’t have time, or you’re too tired, or burned out, or feeling a little sore, etc?