- Does anyone have good pragmatic advice for recovering from traumatic work experience? I am a social worker, and a few youth that I work with have died of overdose. I see a counselor.
- I have a great Fabulous AM routine for waking up in the AM, but I struggle still at “not being consciously awake” enough to remind myself through self-talk why I’m choosing to get up early, and to remind myself to not crawl back in bed. How can I jump start the habit?
- How do I get back on track after I realized I got distracted and will not be able to complete all my tasks for the day?
- I’m researcher so many people recommend to me long and continuous work, not pomodoro-style work. But it really hard to accomplish. If I complete a long work session, I feel exhausted and like I should go home. Which is better?
- How do you stay focused on deep work?
Similar to how it is crucial to having a good setting for meditation, for sleep, for exercise… etc.
The other things is that I think it takes practice.
So when I do find I am “in the zone”, I really try to maximize the focused work session and accomplish the tasks required to conpletion.
That doesn’tran work for 3 hours straight and not take a break but it kind of like running or exercising… if I am doing well… I try to go a little farther and push myself.
And the. I also try not to beat myself up too much if I have a less productive focused work session.
You still have to try again- you can’t quit. But just realize you will have another focused work session when you can try again to really focus, work longer and complete the tasks required and not get distracted.
But like a lot of my answers, this is a a work in progress for me as well.
As a bonus, I would recommend bullet journaling to keep track of small tasks that might distract you while focusing (“have to pick up eggs on my way phone” type stuff)
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?