- Best ways to focus for long stretches of time?
- What do you do on weekends with your good habits and routines or on holidays or other days when unexpected stuff comes up or your traveling?
- I am terrible at concentrating, specially because of the internal negative self-talk. How do you postpone or eradicate altogether the negative self-talk during deep work sessions?
- I’m a college student so keeping a balance of taking care of myself and others is tough. Do you have any suggestions for how I could show compassion or do a good deed for someone daily, even if it’s something small?
- What’s your favorite performance statement? mine is, “You will feel better afterwards.”
Similar to how it is crucial to having a good setting for meditation, for sleep, for exercise… etc.
The other things is that I think it takes practice.
So when I do find I am “in the zone”, I really try to maximize the focused work session and accomplish the tasks required to conpletion.
That doesn’tran work for 3 hours straight and not take a break but it kind of like running or exercising… if I am doing well… I try to go a little farther and push myself.
And the. I also try not to beat myself up too much if I have a less productive focused work session.
You still have to try again- you can’t quit. But just realize you will have another focused work session when you can try again to really focus, work longer and complete the tasks required and not get distracted.
But like a lot of my answers, this is a a work in progress for me as well.
As a bonus, I would recommend bullet journaling to keep track of small tasks that might distract you while focusing (“have to pick up eggs on my way phone” type stuff)
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?