For example: I started doing push-ups with 1 push up per day, I added 1 push up to my target after 3 days until Ihad 20 (after 2 months) . Instead of starting another habit I kept it at 20. Now I am adding crouching with slow increments. After I am comfortable with both pushups and crouches, I will start replacing push up with single arm push-ups.
Once you have that in mind, limit yourself to only adding 1 new task after a week of successfully completing what you have already committed to. This way by the end of the week, you will know if you have extra resources to commit to a new habit.
Most importantly? If you have too many, you can always reduce and refocus. This is REALLY important. If you’re just not able to add in a task yet, it’s OK. Build up your triangles first. Get a streak going. When you are feeling energized, add ONE. See how it goes.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??