- What’s the point of meditation?
- Does meditation really work for you?
- Do you prefer to meditate in am or pm? What are the benefits of morning/night meditation?
- Other than Fabulous, what resources do you use for guided audio sessions to help meditation?
- Do you meditate in complete silence or prefer ambient music?
Not sure how I’m able to get to work on time, specially since I live in Los Angeles but somehow having this mini routine has allowed me to get up earlier. I now feel confident enough to incorporate a morning workout in my routine. Wish me luck!
I have a routine in the morning for the meditation, journal, reading, exercising (that's still a problem). But I feel better waking up earlier and doing these things.
Other than that, I've been working on walking up earlier and earlier by setting my alarm clock to come on five minutes sooner each week. My goal is to get up an hour earlier than I'm used to after about three months of this.
Going to bed earlier would help with this, but I'm still struggling with that aspect. One thing I've found that helps tremendously was the purchase of some Phillips Hue "White Ambiance" or "Color and White Ambiance" bulbs and hub. It's a bit of an investment up front, but I've found it to be worth every penny. With these bulbs, you can set them to wake you up at a certain time by gradually coming on to a warm white light over a 30 minute period, replicating a sunrise. Then I set another routine for the bulbs in my bedroom to change from warm white to a bright white like the noon day sun over the next 30 minutes (after my alarm has gone off). With this in place, I always wake up feeling asleep and refreshed, and rarely hot the snooze button anymore.
I don't share a bedroom with anyone, so I have all the lights come on, but you could also do individual times for nightstand lamps if you do share a bed with a partner who walked up later than you.
Note that the cheaper "White" bulbs (vs "White Ambiance" are not as good for this as they only have a warm white setting. Still, they'd be better than nothing, and you can find a set of four bulbs and a hub for $100 (or $70 for two bulbs) vs $150 and $200 for the "White Ambiance" and "Color" bulbs, respectively.
- How often/long do you meditate?
- How do you keep meditating and focused?
- At what point in your routine do you meditate: if morning, before/after breakfast; if at night, early/later on in routine?
- Do you meditate in the morning or at night?
- Is it normal for thoughts during meditation to be kind of loud and busy?
- Which meditation do you practice on a daily basis?
- I prefer to meditate at midday. Why does Fabulous insist in meditating in the morning?
- What audio do you use to meditate? If you use any.
- Does it really matter if I do it in the afternoon because I have no time in the morning?
- Do you prefer meditating alone or with a group and why?