I don’t really fight it. If I’m sleepy, I sleep. I’ve started to trust my body and its need to sleep. Whenever I don’t, I find myself being extra tired. If I find myself falling sleep during meditation, I allow myself to do it and welcome the opportunity for the extra rest.
- How do you feel if you accidentally fall asleep during meditation? Do you try again later?
- What type of meditation do you follow? Do you see a comparable point in the type of meditation you follow?
- What do you think of Abraham Hicks meditation? How often do you meditate?
- How do you deal with boredom?
- How to help myself meditate in the evening, when there is so much chaos around?
Move. I have to force myself to move. Go for a walk. Pick up around the house. Get some chores done. Get moving to get your blood pumping and fight the urge to just sleep!
I have not been winning this fight myself lately, and I can feel the depression and self- loathing building. Today I am making a fresh start and so can you. When I do win against the urge to stay under the covers, this is what I am reminding myself. You will never look back later and say you are so glad you hit snooze or ate that second piece of cake. You will always feel better about yourself, about your ability to tackle whatever else comes your way, about how you look if you have started the day taking the steps of a healthy life.
I usually keep my body moving in some way. I'll roll my neck or stretch my arms as I relax. It's important to keep the actions simple and automatic. You don't want to give your mind a reason to wander without your permission.
I don't fight it…. If I feel sleepy I give in to it…. I listen to my body… So if I feel sleepy I must need that rest?!
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?