I don’t really fight it. If I’m sleepy, I sleep. I’ve started to trust my body and its need to sleep. Whenever I don’t, I find myself being extra tired. If I find myself falling sleep during meditation, I allow myself to do it and welcome the opportunity for the extra rest.
- How do you stretch in the mornings?
- Do you have any body weight exercise options that are short (less than 10 minutes) workout suitable for morning exercise? I usually go with the 7 min workout, but I want to vary a bit.
- How long before you start seeing any benefits of meditation and what are those benefits?
- Do you find guided or silent meditation more effective?
- Is waxed or rough floss better?
Move. I have to force myself to move. Go for a walk. Pick up around the house. Get some chores done. Get moving to get your blood pumping and fight the urge to just sleep!
I have not been winning this fight myself lately, and I can feel the depression and self- loathing building. Today I am making a fresh start and so can you. When I do win against the urge to stay under the covers, this is what I am reminding myself. You will never look back later and say you are so glad you hit snooze or ate that second piece of cake. You will always feel better about yourself, about your ability to tackle whatever else comes your way, about how you look if you have started the day taking the steps of a healthy life.
I usually keep my body moving in some way. I'll roll my neck or stretch my arms as I relax. It's important to keep the actions simple and automatic. You don't want to give your mind a reason to wander without your permission.
I don't fight it…. If I feel sleepy I give in to it…. I listen to my body… So if I feel sleepy I must need that rest?
- How often do people meditate in a day?
- What do you get out of meditating?
- How can you get calmer and get rid of the monkey-mind while meditating? I am so distracted about this rush-mind every time I am meditating.
- Do you prefer using a guided meditation?
- How do you incorporate the things you learn through meditation in your everyday life?
- Is meditating in the sauna recommended? Any tips for doing it? I usually go for 15 minutes a day.
- How do you think that meditation has changed your life?
- Which one of your guided meditation is doable and optimal in a bath? I’m thinking of adding a ritual, once a week, which consists of just meditating a few minutes in a bath with essential oils and candles, but meditating in a position where you’re not completely laid down nor seated might not be the best option. Any advice?
- How do I make a meditation habit stick?
- When is the best time to meditate?