I don’t really fight it. If I’m sleepy, I sleep. I’ve started to trust my body and its need to sleep. Whenever I don’t, I find myself being extra tired. If I find myself falling sleep during meditation, I allow myself to do it and welcome the opportunity for the extra rest.
- What do you do to improve your posture when meditating?
- If you suffer from severe mental illness (i.e depression or bipolar disorder), how do you handle very depressed feelings during meditation? Sometimes I feel like I am being sucked into a vortex of depression, guilt and shame during meditation because I am alone with my thoughts and feelings during that time. It is so painful 😢
- How do I find time and energy to meditate in the morning?
- How do I find time to meditate?
- Do you ever fall asleep when meditating early in the morning?
Move. I have to force myself to move. Go for a walk. Pick up around the house. Get some chores done. Get moving to get your blood pumping and fight the urge to just sleep!
I have not been winning this fight myself lately, and I can feel the depression and self- loathing building. Today I am making a fresh start and so can you. When I do win against the urge to stay under the covers, this is what I am reminding myself. You will never look back later and say you are so glad you hit snooze or ate that second piece of cake. You will always feel better about yourself, about your ability to tackle whatever else comes your way, about how you look if you have started the day taking the steps of a healthy life.
I usually keep my body moving in some way. I'll roll my neck or stretch my arms as I relax. It's important to keep the actions simple and automatic. You don't want to give your mind a reason to wander without your permission.
I don't fight it…. If I feel sleepy I give in to it…. I listen to my body… So if I feel sleepy I must need that rest?!
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?