I don’t really fight it. If I’m sleepy, I sleep. I’ve started to trust my body and its need to sleep. Whenever I don’t, I find myself being extra tired. If I find myself falling sleep during meditation, I allow myself to do it and welcome the opportunity for the extra rest.
- What are some easy and quick breakfast ideas for people who are in a hurry and have no time?
- How do you motivate yourselves to work/study if you don’t at all like the topic and if it’s not too urgent?
- What type of exercise is the easiest to put into a routine?
- What’s a make ahead breakfast that doesn’t have to be refrigerated?
- I’m rarely home every day in the week, and therefore I find it hard to keep fresh food, because it often gets old before I eat. What do you suggest I can eat for my breakfast?
Move. I have to force myself to move. Go for a walk. Pick up around the house. Get some chores done. Get moving to get your blood pumping and fight the urge to just sleep!
I have not been winning this fight myself lately, and I can feel the depression and self- loathing building. Today I am making a fresh start and so can you. When I do win against the urge to stay under the covers, this is what I am reminding myself. You will never look back later and say you are so glad you hit snooze or ate that second piece of cake. You will always feel better about yourself, about your ability to tackle whatever else comes your way, about how you look if you have started the day taking the steps of a healthy life.
I usually keep my body moving in some way. I'll roll my neck or stretch my arms as I relax. It's important to keep the actions simple and automatic. You don't want to give your mind a reason to wander without your permission.
I don't fight it…. If I feel sleepy I give in to it…. I listen to my body… So if I feel sleepy I must need that rest?
- How long do you meditate for?
- Do you meditate in the dark, with dimmed lights, or with bright lights on? Why?
- I try to meditate before bed every night and I always just fall asleep just before the 10 min bell goes off to signal the end of the meditation. It jolts me awake and I end up feeling a bit stressed out by the sensation. Any tips to help stay in the moment rather than falling asleep?
- Do you prefer meditating by yourself or using a guided meditation?
- Sometimes I jump out of my state of meditation kinda like the falling dream that can wake you as you begin to sleep. Is this normal? Why does this happen and are there ways to help prevent this reaction?
- Sometimes I feel that meditation is wasting my time. How do I stop that?
- Do you meditate upon a question?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- I can’t seem to quiet my mind during meditation. How do I just STOP thinking. Also how do I prevent myself from falling asleep in the process?
- I haven’t been able to start doing my 3 days exercises challenge. Even with Fabulous’s help. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to start?