An advisor told me, among other things, to look at my to do list and think, how much and what MUST be done today? If it can wait a day, remove it. Look at the long haul and your energy level and what you need to do to take care of yourself.
Then cut out everything that isn't necessary. Leave it on a separate list. Maybe later you can delegate it or choose to do it as things change.
Lists are not military orders. They're helpful reminders and guides. You can question them, change them, sort them differently. Think, on rough days, what MUST be done today? And do it. You still have tomorrow to deal with the rest. In life, you must treat yourself with loving kindness and that includes patience with your limitations.
When you want something to the utmost, make the extra energy and effort to do it as a MUST do, of course. But learn to forgive yourself if you can't do it all and all at once. The great person carries compassion, and that begins with compassion for yourself before you can understand how to give it to others.
- do you often empty your to do list?
- I’m a freak when it comes to organizing and etc. but since I started my own company. I always seem to have so many things to get done which was expected but a to do list becomes so overwhelming when I have a ridiculous amount of things to get done. Does anyone else have the same issue?
- Do you ever find that you’ve put more on your to-do than you can handle? What do you do when that happens?
- What’s a main reoccurring thing on your to do list?
- Do you prefer handwritten to do lists or digital ones?
- Which one do you think is more effective? A written to do list or through an apps to do list?
- How do you get started on a task when you’re not motivated?
- Yeah what do you think would be my best option to writing a to do list easiest to hardest longest to shortest how do you do yours and how does it help you
- Do you give your to-dos a time frame or exact time to do them at? Or do you allow yourself more flexibility?
- How can I write the more efficient to-do list?