I try to block time for tasks. Try to tackle the most unpleasant one first. I also try to group similar items together.
- How do you hold yourself accountable to your plan?
- How many items do you generally find on your to-do list and how often do you find yourself putting them on the next day’s to-do list?
- Love to do lists, love writing them, checking things off. It’s the actual doing that I stumble with. Any suggestions on motivation for follow through?
- Which to-do app you prefer?
- How long are the best to-do lists?
I try to build up a list of the: 2 important but quick things to do + the other 2 important things to do that are more time consuming (work and family related) + at least 30 min of physical exercise.
This is a work in progress for me. I am starting to group similar activities together so that I’m not jumping all over the place during the day.
I use the Eisenhower matrix from 7 habits of highly effective people! If something is important and urgent, it’s an A task and I’ll do that first. If it’s important but not urgent, I won’t get to it until I’ve finished all my A tasks. If it’s not important but urgent and I’ve done all my A and B tasks, then I can do those. Finally if it’s not important and not urgent then those are the very last things on my to do list and if they don’t get done today, it’s no big deal!
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?
- How do you make time for yourself with 5 kids and a husband who works 12-14 hours a day?