I also think it’s beneficial to give smaller rewards for hard days. If I am struggling a lot with my anxiety, depression, PTSD, or just a rough day, I try to reward getting what I can buy getting takeout food or ice cream that day. I may also reward myself during the activity (such as a Starbucks drink while doing work).
When I’m not in the mood I put music I want to hear and love.
I found that exercising and reading about very different topics makes me a lot happier.
Perhaps it could also work for you
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴