I'm always physically tense because of my anxiety. When I stretch, it's a reminder to let it all go for a few minutes. My body loosens up and I feel light as a feather. It feels great! In turn, it actually changes my outlook on the day. Super laid back!
It depends on how we define success. If your goal is to touch your toes and you’ve never been able to do that before and you expect it to happen tomorrow… well, it won’t. My goal is simply to take a moment to become aware of how my body is feeling each morning and to be mindful of the places I find tension. Each day is a success because my goal isn’t about making my body do something it’s not prepared to.
When you can feel the tension easing out, and your sore muscles relaxing. Maybe increase the time for a stretch to more than a minute over time.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?