Develop a bedtime routine of taking a hot bath, or meditating, or reading. Something relaxing that doesn’t involve the phone.
Go away for a weekend somewhere that has bad cell reception and no Wifi. Then you literally can’t use your phone. Once you stop using it at night, it’s easier to keep from using it when you get back home.
Hope this helps.
Another trick is to have something else to do instead of being on Social Media like listening to an audiobook.
I hope this was helpful…
P.S. nobody is perfect
And for 30 mins just read to take your mind off it
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.