I try to keep my sleep schedule by adjusting to the amount of days my trip is. If I’m going to stay a short time I would try to get used to sleeping closer to the time I would sleep there before I leave on my trip. Or if I don’t have time to prepare beforehand I will just keep my regular sleep schedule as much as possible.
If I stay a long time I focus more on packing before hand and switch over to a healthy sleep transition once I’m there. I’ve heard it takes as many days as hours difference in time zones. So an example would be if I’m traveling from the West Coast (USA) to the East Coast I would need three days to adjust because it’s a three hour time difference
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?