Best thing that works for me is doing it first thing in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I sit myself down on the pillow next to my bed, light up some incense and focus on my breathing while calming my mind. This allows me to feel where I am and set an intention for the day. It also helps to know I will be a lot more emotionally resilient and sharper in my awareness when I do it in the morning.
- Is it better to excercise before or after breakfast?
- Should I be flossing both in the morning and at night?
- How can you learn faster?
- Any tips for avoiding junk food during breakfast?
- How do I force myself to do something when my body’s telling me to just stay in bed but I know if I do I’ll be sad all day but then I don’t enjoy exercise I’m just looking to be happy
Practice practice practice. The more I do it, the easier it gets. I meditated 38 minutes today. My goal is 60 minutes everyday.
There has to be a why, a reason strong enough to compel you to do it. A goal you will arrive to if you focus, commit and do it. A fierce action that motivates you.
Stick to the time and place. Do it until the timer goes off, even if you don't "feel" successful. "Feel" good about having done it, regardless. It will come.
Reminding yourself is a key aspect, as well as attempting to make time for it in your schedule. It helped to do it later in the night so that I could have enough time to complete it.
- How long do you meditate for?
- Do you meditate in the dark, with dimmed lights, or with bright lights on? Why?
- I try to meditate before bed every night and I always just fall asleep just before the 10 min bell goes off to signal the end of the meditation. It jolts me awake and I end up feeling a bit stressed out by the sensation. Any tips to help stay in the moment rather than falling asleep?
- Do you prefer meditating by yourself or using a guided meditation?
- Sometimes I jump out of my state of meditation kinda like the falling dream that can wake you as you begin to sleep. Is this normal? Why does this happen and are there ways to help prevent this reaction?
- Sometimes I feel that meditation is wasting my time. How do I stop that?
- Do you meditate upon a question?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- I can’t seem to quiet my mind during meditation. How do I just STOP thinking. Also how do I prevent myself from falling asleep in the process?
- I haven’t been able to start doing my 3 days exercises challenge. Even with Fabulous’s help. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to start?