Best thing that works for me is doing it first thing in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I sit myself down on the pillow next to my bed, light up some incense and focus on my breathing while calming my mind. This allows me to feel where I am and set an intention for the day. It also helps to know I will be a lot more emotionally resilient and sharper in my awareness when I do it in the morning.
- Which kind of meditation helps most for people with stress-related disorders?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- Is it bad if you fall asleep? I’m trying to be still, but sometimes I think that if I cut off my circulation that is not a good thing.
- How can I setup an effective meditation habit that really helps me visualizing my goals?
- Can you meditate lying down?
Practice practice practice. The more I do it, the easier it gets. I meditated 38 minutes today. My goal is 60 minutes everyday.
There has to be a why, a reason strong enough to compel you to do it. A goal you will arrive to if you focus, commit and do it. A fierce action that motivates you.
Stick to the time and place. Do it until the timer goes off, even if you don't "feel" successful. "Feel" good about having done it, regardless. It will come.
Reminding yourself is a key aspect, as well as attempting to make time for it in your schedule. It helped to do it later in the night so that i could have enough time to complete it.
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep