Best thing that works for me is doing it first thing in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I sit myself down on the pillow next to my bed, light up some incense and focus on my breathing while calming my mind. This allows me to feel where I am and set an intention for the day. It also helps to know I will be a lot more emotionally resilient and sharper in my awareness when I do it in the morning.
- Any breakfast suggestions with no eggs or oats?
- What do you eat when you are in a big hurry?
- How do you make yourself WANT to do something? Personally, I find it difficult to even get motivation to start working. What about you? Do you have any tips?
- How do you get back your focus if you are interrupted?
- What could you do better during your next meditation?
There has to be a why, a reason strong enough to compel you to do it. A goal you will arrive to if you focus, commit and do it. A fierce action that motivates you.
Stick to the time and place. Do it until the timer goes off, even if you don't "feel" successful. "Feel" good about having done it, regardless. It will come.
Reminding yourself is a key aspect, as well as attempting to make time for it in your schedule. It helped to do it later in the night so that I could have enough time to complete it.
- How often do people meditate in a day?
- What do you get out of meditating?
- How can you get calmer and get rid of the monkey-mind while meditating? I am so distracted about this rush-mind every time I am meditating.
- Do you prefer using a guided meditation?
- How do you incorporate the things you learn through meditation in your everyday life?
- Is meditating in the sauna recommended? Any tips for doing it? I usually go for 15 minutes a day.
- How do you think that meditation has changed your life?
- Which one of your guided meditation is doable and optimal in a bath? I’m thinking of adding a ritual, once a week, which consists of just meditating a few minutes in a bath with essential oils and candles, but meditating in a position where you’re not completely laid down nor seated might not be the best option. Any advice?
- When is the best time to meditate?
- Where do you situate yourself to meditate (room, favorite chair, etc)?