Best thing that works for me is doing it first thing in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I sit myself down on the pillow next to my bed, light up some incense and focus on my breathing while calming my mind. This allows me to feel where I am and set an intention for the day. It also helps to know I will be a lot more emotionally resilient and sharper in my awareness when I do it in the morning.
- How has meditation impacted your life?
- How do you not feel guilty about taking time to meditate?
- Which do you prefer, guided or non-guided meditations?
- How do you deal with aches and pains during a meditation session?
- I know you guys get this a lot but how long does it take to feel noticable changes in your attitude, say being more calm or thinking more clearly? I know it differs for everyone but I would like a ballpark figure.
Practice practice practice. The more I do it, the easier it gets. I meditated 38 minutes today. My goal is 60 minutes everyday.
There has to be a why, a reason strong enough to compel you to do it. A goal you will arrive to if you focus, commit and do it. A fierce action that motivates you.
Stick to the time and place. Do it until the timer goes off, even if you don't "feel" successful. "Feel" good about having done it, regardless. It will come.
Reminding yourself is a key aspect, as well as attempting to make time for it in your schedule. It helped to do it later in the night so that i could have enough time to complete it.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?