You can start with Short periods of time, like 10 minutes and celebrate everytime you achieve what you wanted, congrats yourself and smile to yourself. When you Find yourself wanted to OPEN phone/tv…be aware and ask yourself: do i really need to do it? Why is this important to me? Will know yourself much better and will Find a lot of beautiful things about yourself. Be nice with yourself! You can everything…just start with it now!
It’s a hard-to-answer question. Try to put a reminder in your calendar, and set it to daily. “Don’t use your phone for 5 hours” is what it should say. There are, obviously, other ways I try to stop using my phone continuosly – like: setting my phone to grayscale mode, or actually control myself. Try looking at your screen time, from time to time, if you have an iPhone. If you’ve got an Android, install an app to monitor your screen time, which shows you how much you’ve used your phone for that day (if there is such an app, if not, it’s gonna be a little harder. You should put on a cronometer etc.). It can be tough to get off your phone when you have nothing else to do. If you have the opportunity to, try parctising a sport, or an activity/excercise. I do horse-riding at least twice a week. Mostly in the weekend, because I’m currently a student and have 9 hours of school. If you can’t, try traveling, or reading. If you think reading is boring, as many people, buy a comic book, or a manga – Japanese anime-style comic book. Success and good luck on your journey!
First,you need to set your goal. Then, you block any distraction by turning off your phone. Get yourself out of the house and start looking at your surrounding
Ask yourself if you need it more then real life! Living in the moment without any distraction and influence from outside you never ask for. Let your brain clear up, and you will see that the electronics don't own you, but you own them and does you decide when were and how long. Cheers
I lived my childhood before remote controls… it can be done! Use your mind… read a paper book vs an e-book, go for a walk and listen to nature without electronic music… Try!!
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?