I'll say the first step is learning to control your thoughts….
Mind Over Matter!
Better answer: get the book The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. I started reading it 11 days ago, and today is my 8th workout in the past 10 days. The primary thing about the miracle morning is 6 daily habits that nearly all successful people do at least one of (and I'm already noticing a change in my life).
Hal also spends chapter 5 outlining "The 5-Step Snooze-Proof Wake Up Strategy." Here is an excerpt from that chapter:
"Here's a quick review of the 5-Step Snooze-Proof Wake Up Strategy to make it significantly easier to wake up and stay awake:
1. Set Your Intentions the Night Before. (edit: Hal teaches to use affirmation and visualization to get your mind right the night before.) This is the most important step. Remember: your first thought in the morning is usually the last thought you had before bed, so take responsibility for creating genuine excitement for the next morning, every night before bed.
2. Keep Your Alarm Clock Across the Room. Remember: movement creates energy!
3. Brush Your Teeth. Use Listerine® for extra umph!
4. Drink a Full Glass of Water. Hydrate yourself, ASAP. (edit 2: I personally set a cup of water beside my alarm every night.)
5. Dress in Your Workout Clothes. Earn your A.M. shower! (edit 3: I also set these out every night as part of my evening ritual.)"
And if you find a way, you could incorporate exercising into your daily routine. For example you could try to go to work or to meet a friend by bike. That way you’re more likely to do it. Hope I could help 🙂
Sometimes when I'm struggling I like to think of exercise like medicine for the brain and body. You may not enjoy it but it us a fundamental part of keeping you healthy.
Or sometimes I think of exercise like walking my dog. Although my brain might be tired but my body is itching for exercise.
Secondly, please use some tools to achieve that goal. Doing it completely alone is almost impossible. If those contradiction will take Control over your decision making process you will stuck in the middle and do nothing and feel grief and irritation. You do not need that.
Thirdly, you have your goal you have your tools like schedule, Notebooks or Fabulous application so proceed to pragmatic approach which can be sum up by sentence MAKE IT HAPPENS
And just try to follow your goal. One Day your will do nothing ,next day will be victorious.
Give yourself a chance please. You need time to recover and be mentally thought. Be patient and MAKE IT HAPPENS. Good luck for you
Paying for a trainer or gym membership is good motivation