Some days do require me to get going early and occasionally I have to skip meditation. I forgive myself and go on with my day knowing that I have the intention to be mindful even without dedicated meditation time.
Just make sure you are comfortable and have a timer nearby. Set it for ten minutes, or even start with five minutes if needed. Focus on your breathing only for those moments. Get up an extra 10 minutes if you have to. We can all do something for ten minutes.
It will help reframe the hecticness of the morning, and calm the stresses of the day in the evening. Ten minutes before bedtime gives you deeper more restful sleep. Ten minutes of calming focus on deep breathing has been shown to lower blood pressure. Taking a few minutes for your health and energy will be more than worth the few minutes you took in quiet meditation.
Often the unwanted alternative is us finding relief in unhealthy ways. Drinking, over eating, nail biting, etc… Best to regain control before old habits take the wheel.
I sometimes also meditate in the car; find a quiet street, park your cark in a way to avoid curious passersby and meditate
The body will take a deep breath and sigh.
If you can catch it, if you can be mindful enough to notice this, this is the time to take a moment for yourself. Take a deep breath and take a moment for yourself.
I also like to practice loving kindness meditation while driving, wishing health and happiness for the people I see along my route.
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?
- Where is the best place to meditate ?