- When can I say that my meditation is working? How can I tell I am doing it right while I’m doing it?
- Do you meditate when you wake up? Or do you prefer to do it at another time?
- I struggle sometimes to get to sleep and often use a sleep guided meditation which has been very successful. However with the disconnect from all devices and unplug do you think I have to stop using online guided meditation?
- How long would you suggest a 12 year old to meditate for? And when?
- How does one find energy in the middle of the day without caffeine or a nap?
me to keep my mind calm, relaxed and focused. That helps against panic disorder. I gain a lot of clarity doing meditation
– you are not your thoughts (= you are not your panic disorder)
– trying to get rid of something is like the flip side of a coin – hiding from it won’t make it go away however uncomfortable the feelings.
See it more as learning to walk hand in hand with your panic disorder, comfortable in the knowledge that many people suffer from this disorder, that you are far from being alone, and that you can accept yourself as a whole, without defining yourself by it.
Personally, I use the « noting technique » in Headspace for working with my anxiety, and find it extremely useful.
Good luck, and keep at it as it does take a little bit of time to be effective. It is well worth the wait though.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?