- How do you deal with self control and concentration? How do you deal with pain while you are sitting in a pose?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- I haven’t been able to start doing my 3 days exercises challenge. Even with Fabulous’s help. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to start?
- Do you have a special place for meditation? Do you use music?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
me to keep my mind calm, relaxed and focused. That helps against panic disorder. I gain a lot of clarity doing meditation
– you are not your thoughts (= you are not your panic disorder)
– trying to get rid of something is like the flip side of a coin – hiding from it won’t make it go away however uncomfortable the feelings.
See it more as learning to walk hand in hand with your panic disorder, comfortable in the knowledge that many people suffer from this disorder, that you are far from being alone, and that you can accept yourself as a whole, without defining yourself by it.
Personally, I use the « noting technique » in Headspace for working with my anxiety, and find it extremely useful.
Good luck, and keep at it as it does take a little bit of time to be effective. It is well worth the wait though.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?