- What can I put on my bread instead of eggs or tuna if I want to get a lot of protein from plant based products?
- Are pancakes filling for a breakfast and do you have a recipe?
- What is a perfect healthy breakfast for you?
- I struggle with breakfast planning. How do you do it?
- What’s the best breakfast for a gym addict?
W wFirst, you need to get educated 👩🏻🎓on nutrition, what foods are high or low in sugar, what makes up a nutritionally balanced meal and what adjustments to make if you need to lose or gain weight🥞, or reduce your sugar intake.
Second, make it a habit to read labels 🥫so you can avoid foods with a high concentration of sugar. You may already know that sugar has different names, like fructose or dextrose, so be careful not to unknowingly sabotage yourself. Note: Fruit juices are notoriously high in sugar and calories. You can squeeze your own🍊🍍🍋, using a natural sugar like Stevia for sweetness with 0 calories.
Third, plan your meals🍳 in advance so you can regulate the amount of sugar and other nutrition before you eat! Obviously, you want to avoid donuts 🍩and other pastries🥐! 😳
Thankfully, there are terrific apps available these days to help with this step. I personally like using health and fitness devices like the Fitbit⌚️. Depending on your needs, you can track your heart rate, steps, stairs, nutritional intake and calories burned via sports ⛹🏻♀️⛷🤾🏻♀️🏇🏻, exercising🚴🏻♀️🥊, walking🚶🏻♀️🏌🏻♂️, running🏃🏻♀️, swimming🏊♀️ or gardening👩🏻🌾, etc.
Last, please be kind to yourself 🥰 if you slip up. And it’s ok to treat yourself over the holidays or on your birthday 🎂 . Just remember, everything in moderation, and get back to your routine the next day! Sugar, especially via chocolate 🍫 , is an addiction for me so it’s critical that I avoid foods like🍦and 🍪 at all costs. I am NOT always successful!🥺 I wish you all the best.
Hot oats with pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds. I like to add blueberries and a little protein powder. You can also have this cold as overnight oats.
Toasted wholemeal/sourdough bread with hummus, avocado, tomato and black pepper. Sometimes I add a little balsamic glaze but if you are avoiding sugar maybe not.
There are heaps of recipes online, try Deliciously Ella for some great healthy ideas.
If you're craving carb sugars:
— try sweet potato toast or multigrain & seeded bread with almond butter, banana, and cacao nibs (a drizzle of honey every once in awhile)
— overnight chia oats with nut milk, nut butter, banana, cacao nibs
Healthy substitutes are key!
Try to eat fresh, raw ingredients instead of buying breakfast at the store/cafe. I usually eat oatmeal, boiled eggs and fruits. I sometimes have coffee in the morning, but I never add any sugar in my coffee.
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?