Remember what the guided meditations had you do, and then do it. I actually found it easier to meditate without the guide because their voice wasn't always startling me out of my zone. I usually end up just making myself comfortable and focusing on my breathing for however long I like.
- How can I be more organised and focused? Can I do it with willpower alone? Or are there other techniques/resources that will support me with this aim?
- How do you focus your thinking to one problem/idea to resolve it through meditation?
- Do you prefer to meditate in am or pm? What are the benefits of morning/night meditation?
- How often is the optimal amount for meditation?
- How long should I do a guided meditation for?
Just keep it simple; focus on your breath, relaxing your body and if your mind wanders it's ok. When you notice just bring it back to your breathing. Counting your inhales helps me to focus. It helps to set a timer too.
I haven’t developed that much but I will start by memorising a simple meditation that I’m familiar with and practice till I'm comfortable.
You can just do one for either five or ten minutes without guidance in a chair or laying down while you take a deep breath at the beginning of your meditation
Start low (5 minutes at a time). Try and focus on just your breath—you can use a small phrase like “in, out” if it helps to focus your attention. I usually try to pick a spot of my body to focus on (either chest rising, stomach, nose). If you’re really having trouble focusing you can also try a walking meditation—just walk and focus on your steps and your surroundings!
You just have to keep practicing everyday. Noticing changes in you’re life from your mood to your physical well-being is a good indicator that you’re ready to move on to unguided mediations. You need to practice everyday and have patience. Mindfulness takes time.
- How do you meditate? What should meditating consist of? How can I make it most effective?
- How long did you meditate for when your first started?
- How do you maintain your habits when recovering from an injury?
- Does meditation ever get easier with practice?
- How much, how long and how often do you meditate?
- How does you meditation routine look? Do you do it in the morning or evening, etc.?
- How often per day, how long, and what kind of meditation do you have?
- What is the basic right technique for meditation?
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- How did you start meditating?