Remember what the guided meditations had you do, and then do it. I actually found it easier to meditate without the guide because their voice wasn't always startling me out of my zone. I usually end up just making myself comfortable and focusing on my breathing for however long I like.
I haven’t developed that much but I will start by memorising a simple meditation that I’m familiar with and practice till I'm comfortable.
You can just do one for either five or ten minutes without guidance in a chair or laying down while you take a deep breath at the beginning of your meditation
You just have to keep practicing everyday. Noticing changes in you’re life from your mood to your physical well-being is a good indicator that you’re ready to move on to unguided mediations. You need to practice everyday and have patience. Mindfulness takes time.
Start low (5 minutes at a time). Try and focus on just your breath—you can use a small phrase like “in, out” if it helps to focus your attention. I usually try to pick a spot of my body to focus on (either chest rising, stomach, nose). If you’re really having trouble focusing you can also try a walking meditation—just walk and focus on your steps and your surroundings!
Just keep it simple; focus on your breath, relaxing your body and if your mind wanders it's ok. When you notice just bring it back to your breathing. Counting your inhales helps me to focus. It helps to set a timer too.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?