Remember what the guided meditations had you do, and then do it. I actually found it easier to meditate without the guide because their voice wasn't always startling me out of my zone. I usually end up just making myself comfortable and focusing on my breathing for however long I like.
- I am an introvert. After meditation I do get peace but it is just that when I start to have self-talking to analyse myself where I stand and when some stress comes it feels as thou the meditation has no effect and there comes more bombardment of thought messing my head more. I hope you can help.
- Do you find it harder to motivate yourself to meditate on a weekend?
- What’s the point of meditation? Self awareness?
- Yes, I have fell asleep multiple times during meditation. It might have something to do with my posture. I can definitely change it so that I can have better meditation result. Any tips?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?
Just keep it simple; focus on your breath, relaxing your body and if your mind wanders it's ok. When you notice just bring it back to your breathing. Counting your inhales helps me to focus. It helps to set a timer too.
I haven’t developed that much but I will start by memorising a simple meditation that I’m familiar with and practice till I'm comfortable.
You can just do one for either five or ten minutes without guidance in a chair or laying down while you take a deep breath at the beginning of your meditation
Start low (5 minutes at a time). Try and focus on just your breath—you can use a small phrase like “in, out” if it helps to focus your attention. I usually try to pick a spot of my body to focus on (either chest rising, stomach, nose). If you’re really having trouble focusing you can also try a walking meditation—just walk and focus on your steps and your surroundings!
You just have to keep practicing everyday. Noticing changes in you’re life from your mood to your physical well-being is a good indicator that you’re ready to move on to unguided mediations. You need to practice everyday and have patience. Mindfulness takes time.
- How can I ease into meditation at longer intervals?
- What time of day would you recommend for meditating?
- Can you suggest a confidence meditation?
- I sometimes have to work the night shift, how should I handle my evening routine?
- What do you do when you notice your mind is wandering away during meditation?
- Do you use an app for meditation? Which is your favorite?
- How do you stay consistent with a meditation habit?
- What am I supposed to do with my hands when meditating?
- How do l continue to become fabulous when there’s so much going on in my life right now?
- What is the best moment in the day to meditate? How much time should I make for it?