An early evening nature walk does wonders! If too late or inconvenient to do that, a short mindfulness meditation or listening to chilled music is great too
If living with someone, having a little chat with them might help. Otherwise, I find it helpful to stretch a bit, have a hot shower before bed, and close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?