I turn my phone on flight mode, light a small dim lamp and play quiet Buddhist chants in the background. I light a candle and read a chapter or two of my book. I burn palo santo around myself, my bed and my crystals setting an intention for sleep. If I'm inspired I will pull an oracle card. I place the crystals under my pillow, blow out the candle, turn off the light and set my alarm. As I lay in bed eyes closed I place a hand on my heart and focus on my breathing saying a prayer and giving thanks. I may visualise an intention or ask for guidance. If called, I listen to Islamic prayers as I fall asleep.
I'll remember how it feel to woke up late and disrupt all day long because of my not so good mood in the morning.So I'll stay away from any distraction by doing other thing like studies.
- When I disconnect and unplug, I’m lying in my bed with what seems like an interminable number of thoughts looping in my head. I know, my head is very talkative. I can’t sleep because of this, and so after a while, my phone shuts me up because I go and look at it. Any advice on keeping my thoughts to a minimum? Cheers.
- What motives you to put your phone away?
- I easily forget to do my night routine. How can I make it a permanent thing?
- I often stay on my phone late to distract from negative thoughts in my mind, how can I avoid these negative thoughts getting out of control without going on my phone.
- I don’t like to leave my phone an hour before sleep.. is it a necessity if i already can sleep well ?
- What is their evening routine and why?
- How do you deal with friends that are trying to contact you while you’re getting ready to fall asleep and disconnecting?
- How many hours before sleep time do you disconnect?
- What does it help you the most to disconnect at night? I am still finding it hard to disconnect from my phone and not look at it right before going to bed…
- What have u tried that doesn’t work?