I turn my phone on flight mode, light a small dim lamp and play quiet Buddhist chants in the background. I light a candle and read a chapter or two of my book. I burn palo santo around myself, my bed and my crystals setting an intention for sleep. If I'm inspired I will pull an oracle card. I place the crystals under my pillow, blow out the candle, turn off the light and set my alarm. As I lay in bed eyes closed I place a hand on my heart and focus on my breathing saying a prayer and giving thanks. I may visualise an intention or ask for guidance. If called, I listen to Islamic prayers as I fall asleep.
I'll remember how it feel to woke up late and disrupt all day long because of my not so good mood in the morning.So I'll stay away from any distraction by doing other thing like studies.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?