I hope to begin running in the winter. It may take a few times to figure out how much clothing to wear, but I hope to not let that stop me.
I’m not going to run in conditions that present risk for an injury. I agree that the author must live somewhere like me, where winter means maybe a couple weeks of snow, but mostly just cold and wet conditions. I assume the push to go outside comes from knowing that there are benefits of breathing fresh air—and there are also downsides of trying to breath in freezing temps! I’ve always taken suggestions and recommendations with a grain of salt: I’m going to do what is best for me to get out and run and continue to be able to run. If that means I hit up the treadmill during certain seasons, then so what? Do what’s best for you to be the best you.
Yes I live in Germany in the Winter I run also in snow. It is fun you just have to put on good clothes. Heavy rain I dont run than I excercise indoor
As we begin our workout it’s not easy at the beginning making it a habit helps. Putting a little effort every day will make it a routine
yes,I agree with you. Whenever I can't go out to exercise, especially during winter, I usually try to do arms, abs, etc. workouts that don't include running/going outside. Also, running in the rain is risky and dangerous, and running outside during winter is very uncomfortable.
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?