In my adulthood now I enjoy exercising. It helps me have more focus at work and be mentally available for my loved ones.
I changed my mindset by starting attending group classes and find instructors that I like and stick to their classes. It might not be achievable in the current context so my humble piece of advice would be to start small. Challenge yourself with say 5 push ups on day 1, 6 on day 2, etc. Go for a walk, this is exercise too. Jump rope, do jumping jacks. This may seem insignificant but you are actually building up the foundations for an active lifestyle and you will even become addicted to it!
I hope this helps.
Maybe YouTube videos of yoga for beginners or justa a walk around the block. But the most important thing is to set a date and time for each of these first 2 times and build up from there and if it’s getting boring change the activity but try not to stop ou postpone the dates and hours of the exercise… that specific time is for you… it’s an investment 😉 hope I could help.
Be sure to continue this for about a week, and when you’re ready, start doing longer exercises.
The key is to never stop!
What I personally do is:
Monday: 5km walk + leg day + stretching exercises from yoga
Tuesday: 5km walk + arm day + stretch
Wednesday: 5km walk + abs + power yoga
Thursday: 8km walk
Friday: 5km walk + full body workout + stretch followed by meditation
Saturday: 5km walk and meditation
Sunday: 10km walk + abs
It helped motivate me, when I told some of my friends, that I’m doing that — cause I’m not fond of being a quitter as always.
Oh, and remember if you wanna see result fast then use weights and eat healthy — lots of protein and whole grains
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?