Roll back and forth in ball (arms around legs)
Sitting with legs out, row with arms.
Again on either leg
Wrap alternate arm around each leg — twist
Then facing floor
Cat alternately with Cow slowly
Arms under body holding
Up the lower extremities
Then the plough
(All above for one minute)
Then shoulder stand for 3
Been doing them off and on — now habit.
First learned this at 18. Am 74 — so forgetting the names
Since in the morning your muscles are still cold, try doing some stretch poses.
Personally I like doing the following: forward fold, lengthening the spine, downward dog, cobra, cat & cow.
I hope this helped 🙂
Also, @amandabisk frequently posts yoga flows on her instagram page that are great
Sounds like Dr Suese.
I don't like yoga.
Just because every one is into it doesn't mean you have to love it. The only yoga class that gave me satisfaction was when I was training for a half marathon -Hot yoga really stretched out my muscles. I Smoot other sports.
**I suggest go on YouTube learn the basic poses.**
Then try a class. I always end up learning more at a class even thought it might take a bit to talk myself into actually getting to the first class.
- How do you keep track of your progress?
- What do you think is the most efficient exercise?
- What areas do you like stretching in the morning?
- On the days when you really don’t feel like it, how do you find motivation?
- I prefer stretches and gentle movements in the early morning. My cardio comes later in the day. Do you think getting the heart pumping is better at certain times?
- Do you eat before or after your run, or both?
- How do you manage to pass boredom in routine exercise?
- How do you stay determined and on the right track to not give up and quit on the progress you’ve made?
- What other rituals do you perform besides your fabulous rituals?
- What time of exercise habits would you recommend?