Roll back and forth in ball (arms around legs)
Sitting with legs out, row with arms.
Again on either leg
Wrap alternate arm around each leg — twist
Then facing floor
Cat alternately with Cow slowly
Arms under body holding
Up the lower extremities
Then the plough
(All above for one minute)
Then shoulder stand for 3
Been doing them off and on — now habit.
First learned this at 18. Am 74 — so forgetting the names
Since in the morning your muscles are still cold, try doing some stretch poses.
Personally I like doing the following: forward fold, lengthening the spine, downward dog, cobra, cat & cow.
I hope this helped 🙂
Also, @amandabisk frequently posts yoga flows on her instagram page that are great
Sounds like Dr Suese.
I don't like yoga.
Just because every one is into it doesn't mean you have to love it. The only yoga class that gave me satisfaction was when I was training for a half marathon -Hot yoga really stretched out my muscles. I Smoot other sports.
**I suggest go on YouTube learn the basic poses.**
Then try a class. I always end up learning more at a class even thought it might take a bit to talk myself into actually getting to the first class.
- What is your favourite exercise?
- How do you get yourself to stick to your routine when your schedule is altered?
- What are the best exercises that you can do from home and take up minimal space?
- What are some more exercises to activate the core?
- What’s your go-to workout when you have 10 minutes?
- How do you get through depression?
- What is the lowest barrier form of exercise or activity that gets you moving on days when you feel too tense, too busy, or inversely too lazy to break a sweat?
- What are your at-home essentials for working out?
- What changes did you make in your diet to support your exercise routine?
- I recently tore the meniscus in both knees and it cut out my entire exercise routine. I can’t stand, walk, or bend my knees more than slightly. What can I do for exercise?