a) set alarms on your phone. I set mine for 4:30 am to wake up and 5:30 for exercise, now my body is accustomed to waking up by 4:30
b) download a good app for exercise. This will make it more fun and exciting especially one with audio descriptions.
c) drink some water when you wake up, this helps set the mood for a workout.
I allow myself to linger in bed for 30 min, then I get up, drink my water, do a 5 min stretch routine, feed my cat, and THEN get on the rower. Exercise doesnt feel so daunting when it's my 4th or 5th thing I've done since I've woken up, instead of my 1st.
Develop the habit slowly and it becomes easier.
This has worked for me.
Another thing that has helped me is to establish a morning schedule, and by that I mean wake up at the same time every day. It is tiring at first since my body didn't have a routine, as long as I slept enough was fine. But since I've got a cat that woke me up at the same time every day no matter how late I went to sleep, I noticed that after some days it was less tiring to get out of bed, since my body adapted to be up at the same time each day. So I wake up at 7:30, I get out of bed (if you stay there it is very likely to press the snooze button on you alarm and fall asleep again), feed my cat and drink a glass of water. That little routine has helped me take more advantage of the day and do more stuff until I need to do to class.
I hope this helps you somehow.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.