Honestly it depends on how comfortable the chair is, but there are definitely some times where I just feel better lying down on the floor rather than just sitting in a chair
I prefer sitting up. The great thing is both work! It's more about the mind than the body, anyway. If you look at the research, it doesn't matter what type of meditation you do. Almost all types work to quiet the mind wandering!
It is not advisable to lie down while meditating simply bcuz its very easy to fall asleep during meditation even in the sitting posture, much more in the lying down posture. And since u have no physical ailment then u r advised to sit, do walking or even standing meditating. The only time to use sitting meditation, is right before sleep.
Yes for me personally I have to agree though I can do sitting up but I prefer lying down especially when I meditate before going to sleep.
Sometimes, but i truly believe you should challenge yourself and try to relax and be present even in some challenging positions, that’s the point of it all! It won’t be easy or perfect everytime but it’s not necessarily supposed to be that way so don’t get discouraged if you find it difficult. Best of luck on your journey!
- What do you do when you just can’t focus or let go of rampaging thoughts?
- Is there anything other than breathing that you try to do while meditating?
- What do you think of when you are meditating? What does meditation do for you?
- I do my meditation at evening time and…always fall asleep 😊. Apart from changing the time to earlier in the day is there anything else I can do to make sure I complete it?
- Is it alright to move around while meditating or should one sit cross legged being perfectly still?
- What is the best meditation for chakras?
- What do you think of stretching for awhile instead of meditation?
- What is the best meditation posture for someone who always gets back or neck ache when sitting?
- Do you have any tips for stopping the review of the day that happens in my mind when I do my bedtime meditation? It sometimes takes me a whole hour to get to sleep because of it.
- When do you like to meditate?