Honestly it depends on how comfortable the chair is, but there are definitely some times where I just feel better lying down on the floor rather than just sitting in a chair
I prefer sitting up. The great thing is both work! It's more about the mind than the body, anyway. If you look at the research, it doesn't matter what type of meditation you do. Almost all types work to quiet the mind wandering!
It is not advisable to lie down while meditating simply bcuz its very easy to fall asleep during meditation even in the sitting posture, much more in the lying down posture. And since u have no physical ailment then u r advised to sit, do walking or even standing meditating. The only time to use sitting meditation, is right before sleep.
Yes for me personally I have to agree though I can do sitting up but I prefer lying down especially when I meditate before going to sleep.
Sometimes, but i truly believe you should challenge yourself and try to relax and be present even in some challenging positions, that’s the point of it all! It won’t be easy or perfect everytime but it’s not necessarily supposed to be that way so don’t get discouraged if you find it difficult. Best of luck on your journey!
- How do you meditate when you are at a busy place (work for example) or with a busy schedule?
- What are your sources to meditate? App, videos on YouTube, podcasts?
- How do you deal with a distracted mind before you even start to meditate?
- How to you stop random thoughts from coming up during meditation?
- What do you do about the aches and pains during meditation?
- Yes. I am a novice at “Meditation” and would be interested in hearing how others began their practice (how long, routine, resources, etc. ).
- How has meditation made a difference in your life?
- Do you experience days in which you don’t have a “successful” meditation session? Where your thoughts are just too overwhelming and racing at the speed of light that you can’t seem to slow them down?
- What is your favourite thing about meditation?
- Favorite time of day to meditate and ideal length of time? Is 10 minutes too short?