I recently turned off all the notifications and badges for all but a few people/ applications. I have found it very freeing and peaceful. I only look when I have time and want to.
If you mean leaving my phone elsewhere so that I physically do not have access to it… I don’t feel scared, just cut off from important information (addresses, the calculator, etc.) but that is more due to always having it with me. It’s more bother than scared.
The phone is an essential part of my job. I manage an online program and I often need to be available to students and applicants. Often when there are deadlines and the students are from all over the world and need help after hours.
Additionally, I want to be available to my daughter to help her with her son who has asthma.
I don’t do a lot with social media, so I don’t keep checking for messages.
But then I realised that I was missing out on the present, a movie or book or a good conversation opportunity.
My phone is always going off during the day for work – people always wanting things from me, to leave it in another room and do something that makes me feel good is invigorating.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!