Sometimes, none is available so I have to wing it 😀
1/4 C Granola,
moistened w Soymilk
1 fist-full Walnut pieces
1/2 C Greek yogurt
1/3 C Keifer (probiotics)
1 fist-full Blueberries
It takes longer to heat my tea or coffee than to put this together.
Simply add 1 dL of Oats to a bowl, 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds, and pour in 1 dL of milk. Leave in the refrigerator overnight and top of with frozen berries (I like raspberry or blueberry on mine) and drizzle on some coconut. Very quick and very tasty.
Scrambled eggs on top of a piece of wheat toast!
You can put a slice of tomato or avacado, maybe some cheese but don’t get carried away! Just crack the egg in the pan and scramble, while your bread is in the toaster. Putting the egg in the pan is easier than getting out a bowl and a whisk to scramble.
The night before:
If you want something sweet, I take a 1/2 cup of instant oatmeal and pour a 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk and combine them in a small reusable plastic container. Put some frozen berries on top and leave it in the fridge overnight! Add a bit of honey in the morning and head out the door.
Toast a slice of wholemeal bread and put scrambled eggs with white cheese on top. Later in the morning I eat a small fruit (not bananas, try to vary).
Whole wheat bread with ricota cheese and avocados. Chia puddin with coconut milk, coconut flakes, almonds and blueberrys.
Tapioca with cottage cheese or other light health cheese.
Papaya with loads of chia seeds.
10min: 2c spinach cook in pan. Take out. Add 1-2eggs, and 3 egg whites. Can add a weight watchers tortilla if you want to make a wrap.
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?