*You can raise intensity by:
1) increasing the resistance
2) increasing the speed
3) Increasing the duration of your working interval (the part where you're going hard!)
4) decreasing the duration of your resting interval (the part where you dial the intensity wayyyy back)
*Determining your intensity:
On the working interval you want to going as hard and as fast as possible.
On your resting intervals you will keep moving but dial the intensity wayyy back (if on stationary bike, this could be peddling at a slow to mocreate pace with zero resistance.
Start with a 20 minute session. Use the first 5 minutes to warm up and then complete the remaining 15 minutes in intervals using a 1:2 work:rest ratio. (Go hard for 1 minute, recover for 2 minutes, repeat for 15 mins.)
The further into your workout you get, the more you're going to need those 2 minute rest periods!
Try this ratio for a bit and if it starts to get easy or you start to get bored, play around with the work:rest ratio to stay challenged and engaged.
If you have any questions along the way, im more than happy to help. DM me on IG (@coach_rhi).
I’m a big fan of audiobooks and have “read” hundreds of books in times that are usually wasted, like driving, doing housework, long drives traveling, etc. makes the time go by quickly.
Another thing I do is brainstorm and plan. I’ve found a lot of insights planning my third book and planning for my future(although my handwriting while riding is not the best).
As for me I’m trying to burn fat so I’ve heard the best is alternating high and low intensity intervals.
- What are your favorite music stations for the gym on Pandora?
- How do you make a good exercise plan?
- Do you have to do the same exercise every day?
- What exercise do you think is best to start the morning?
- How do you keep your motivation up when your weight loss is slow?
- What is your go-to motivating exercise music?
- Do you know any quick but effective workouts or exercises to do in the morning?
- Do you prefer HIIT Exercises or more slow paced activities? Why?
- How can I feel not so tired in the morning?
- How do you get up in the morning to go to the gym?