It depends. If I’m stretching as I get out of bed to loosen up and get mobile, then no. Otherwise a light jog on the spot, a mini aerobic workout (3-5mins) or the hula hoop beforehand can be good to boost energy, blood flow and loosen the muscles before you stretch.
Hannah Vander Helm
I was going to write ‘no’ at first but I do actually warm up. Stretching is one of the first things I do in the morning, and I have a bit of a walk around my house before I stretch. So I do warm up, but it’s becoming part of my routine, so I didn’t really think about it that much. It’s just what I do now.
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs