It depends. If I’m stretching as I get out of bed to loosen up and get mobile, then no. Otherwise a light jog on the spot, a mini aerobic workout (3-5mins) or the hula hoop beforehand can be good to boost energy, blood flow and loosen the muscles before you stretch.
I was going to write ‘no’ at first but I do actually warm up. Stretching is one of the first things I do in the morning, and I have a bit of a walk around my house before I stretch. So I do warm up, but it’s becoming part of my routine, so I didn’t really think about it that much. It’s just what I do now.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?