It depends. If I’m stretching as I get out of bed to loosen up and get mobile, then no. Otherwise a light jog on the spot, a mini aerobic workout (3-5mins) or the hula hoop beforehand can be good to boost energy, blood flow and loosen the muscles before you stretch.
I was going to write ‘no’ at first but I do actually warm up. Stretching is one of the first things I do in the morning, and I have a bit of a walk around my house before I stretch. So I do warm up, but it’s becoming part of my routine, so I didn’t really think about it that much. It’s just what I do now.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?