It depends. If I’m stretching as I get out of bed to loosen up and get mobile, then no. Otherwise a light jog on the spot, a mini aerobic workout (3-5mins) or the hula hoop beforehand can be good to boost energy, blood flow and loosen the muscles before you stretch.
I was going to write ‘no’ at first but I do actually warm up. Stretching is one of the first things I do in the morning, and I have a bit of a walk around my house before I stretch. So I do warm up, but it’s becoming part of my routine, so I didn’t really think about it that much. It’s just what I do now.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?