I tend to floss solely in the morning half way through brushing. After flossing, I use the floss to scrape my tongue before brushing itself. After completing my brushing, I'll use mouthwash – and then wash my mouth out multiple times with water to remove any remaining flavour.
I used to floss at night but I realised that I am more consistent with flossing if I do it during the day. It usually helps to leave the floss somewhere close to your toothbrush so you don’t forget. I’m usually very tired at night so even brushing my teeth is a huge task for me let alone to floss😂
My dental hygenist said it takes about 24 hr for plaque to harden (the internet said 48 hr) so I floss once a day, in the evening after my last meal.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss