My dental hygenist said it takes about 24 hr for plaque to harden (the internet said 48 hr) so I floss once a day, in the evening after my last meal.
I used to floss at night but I realised that I am more consistent with flossing if I do it during the day. It usually helps to leave the floss somewhere close to your toothbrush so you don’t forget. I’m usually very tired at night so even brushing my teeth is a huge task for me let alone to floss😂
I tend to floss solely in the morning half way through brushing. After flossing, I use the floss to scrape my tongue before brushing itself. After completing my brushing, I'll use mouthwash – and then wash my mouth out multiple times with water to remove any remaining flavour.
- Are there any sustainable floss options?
- How do you know that you’ve flossed long enough?
- Do you floss before or after you brush teeth?
- What time of day do you like to floss and how often do you do it?
- How often do you floss? Why is it important?
- Before or after brushing?
- Have you noticed an improvement in your gum health since sustaining your flossing habit?
- How long do you floss
- What kind of floss / flosser do you use?
- Do you guys wash the string for each teeth you floss or?