Whenever I wake up, I most naturally read first or drink water. Then I work out before eating.
This is pivotal: work out for 10 minutes right when you get up after water before eating. Make yourself wait for that first meal. Earn that first meal with 5-10 minutes of working out.
In the past it wasn't so easy to acquire good as it is right now. If you don't spike your glucose levels first thing in the morning you will actually find you have more energy than you think.
Yes, feeling hungry while working out at first is miserable. But your body GIVES you more energy to "go get the food."
Your body was design to reserve and store energy for going and getting food like day hunting a deer or climbing a tree to get fruit.
It is set up to store energy to give it to you when you need it.
So it stores it in fat waiting until you tell it to use it.
So do yourself a favor and earn that first meal by exercising for 5-10 right when you get up before you eat breakfast.
After breakfast you won't "feel" like working out because at this point your body sees no reason to give you extra stored energy to do so. You've already given it sufficient energy to run major life functions.
Try it. Feel the surprising raw energy and feel good again!
Do this at whatever time you get up, but water first 😉
On weekends it varies and I often opt for brunch, outside my home, rather than breakfast at home.
My breakfast is always at the same time relative to my waking up time though.
- What are your best breakfast prepping tips?
- How do you prep breakfast?
- I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast simply because it is convenient. Are there any quick, easy and filling recipes for breakfast? The only breakfast food I don’t like is tomatoes so open to a lot of options.
- Do you usually have much of an appetite in the morning?
- What do we have for breakfast?
- That habit is supposed to be completed in 15 minutes, should I have to dedicate that amount of time to that? Or could I have a shorter (in time, not in quality) healthy breakfast? Thx
- What is your preferred great breakfast? Can you give me some details why you prefer it to other high protein breakfasts?
- Do you have a receipt for healthy cake? Without sugar and flour?
- Vegan breakfasts ideas please!
- What do you usually grab on the go for a healthy breakfast?