Whenever I wake up, I most naturally read first or drink water. Then I work out before eating.
This is pivotal: work out for 10 minutes right when you get up after water before eating. Make yourself wait for that first meal. Earn that first meal with 5-10 minutes of working out.
In the past it wasn't so easy to acquire good as it is right now. If you don't spike your glucose levels first thing in the morning you will actually find you have more energy than you think.
Yes, feeling hungry while working out at first is miserable. But your body GIVES you more energy to "go get the food."
Your body was design to reserve and store energy for going and getting food like day hunting a deer or climbing a tree to get fruit.
It is set up to store energy to give it to you when you need it.
So it stores it in fat waiting until you tell it to use it.
So do yourself a favor and earn that first meal by exercising for 5-10 right when you get up before you eat breakfast.
After breakfast you won't "feel" like working out because at this point your body sees no reason to give you extra stored energy to do so. You've already given it sufficient energy to run major life functions.
Try it. Feel the surprising raw energy and feel good again!
Do this at whatever time you get up, but water first 😉
On weekends it varies and I often opt for brunch, outside my home, rather than breakfast at home.
My breakfast is always at the same time relative to my waking up time though.
- Do you have any good make-in-advance breakfast recipes?
- How often do you think drinking coffee is healthy? Every morning? Less often?
- Does eating breakfast have long term effects on habits?
- What kind of granola bar type thing is the best for breakfast?
- I’d be interested in what you guys like for breakfast. What do you guys normally do to fit it within your schedule?
- What is your favorite “grab and go” breakfast?
- How do you handle having no appetite when it’s time to eat breakfast?
- Is it healthier to eat a big breakfast or a smaller one?
- Is coffee okay with a great breakfast?
- Are there any breakfast ideas with a short prep time and ingredients that are easy to buy?