I only write down the big task but I’m not sure if it work well for me. Creating smaller tasks sometimes masks me feel overwhelmed because there are more tasks on my agenda
I always break a large task into smaller pieces. This started when I was a child and had to wash dishes as a household chore. I would sometimes be overwhelmed by the amount to be done, and my mom would tell me to “do the glasses” then “do the forks” and so on, and eventually it would all be done. To this day when faced with a large task, I think to myself, “Just start by washing the forks . . . “
I personally do both. Sometimes I break up large tasks into smaller ones when there are clear smaller components of the task. But sometimes a large task is really just one large task
I like to break everything down into smaller tasks and cross them all off as I go. Or even at the end when I'm done to make sure I've covered everything I needed to do.
Haven’t analysed it really. I just write down big task and that’s it. For me breaking the task into smaller parts is the part of project management. Which is completely different domain in my head.
- I feel im just writing and repeating my to do everyday.. is that ok ? 😄. Or should i think to do something new
- How do you organize your to-dos to not forget anything when you work on different projects parallelly at the same time?
- What is a good todo list?
- What should I put on my to do list? Like full on everything or just the main things I need to get done? How detailed is my question.
- How do you keep on track when having “a bad day or week “?
- How do you write your to do list?
- How do you decide what to put on your to do list? Should I drop off the smaller tasks and leave it for only the larger, more time consuming ones?
- How do you avoid from having the habit of pushing stuff for the next day?
- I have so many things to do in a day, I am a mother, a student, I have a job, exercise. I really can’t imagine narrowing a day’s to-do list to just three items. How can this be done?
- How do you choose how to group and order your tasks so they’re not as overwhelming?