Oatmeal, it's cooked very fast and also easy , you can add some fresh fruit like apple with nutmeg and cinnamon.
You can also soak the oat in milk over night and add some peanut butter and banana to taste, in the morning it's ready to eat
also you can sprinkle chia seeds on your breakfast (oatmeal, smoothie,…) for more nutrition
When I don’t have much time I grab a banana and peanut butter or a peace of cheese and some oatmeal.
Oatmeal, is a great option for breakfast. It does give me enough, and it can have SO many different combinations; just the other day I was about to cook it and my sister suggested we did it with banana and blueberries, and just a little bit of cinnamon. It was glorious.
This morning I enjoyed a flagel with fruit
– Egg muffins; whisk two eggs, with spices of choice (I use salt, red chilli powder, oregano seeds and leaves, thyme etc.) and a few drops of oil, and put the batter in a muffin tray (use butter paper, or oil the tray), put in two small pieces of any meat (I use chicken) and top with a small of amount of cheese and vegetable slices on each muffin. Bake for 20-30 minutes until eggs are completely cooked but not long enough that they become dry. I usually have pre-cut vegetables and chicken stored in my fridge, so this actually is quite a handy breakfast; I just whisk the eggs and put everything in and while it bakes I get ready for work, and it's something I can easily savor while driving to work, so quite time-economical.
– Small slices of chicken steak with cheese omelette; this one is pretty self explanatory. For the steaks I usually take a whole chicken breast, cut it into four pieces, make thin slices out of them, and marinate them in salt, red chilli powder, oregano, and one egg, and save this in the fridge for about two to three days. This way I just have to take out one or two slices and fry them with the omelette so doesn't require much time in the morning.
One days that I REALLY don't have any time, or energy, I basically just take an apple and two bananas.🙈🤷
First thing is don’t get non-fat! The fat content will help keep you feeling full longer which is a good way to use those calories (two for one usage so to speak).
I’ll get a decent granola to put on top. By decent, I mean look on the package for the ratio of protein to carbs. You want more protein! The best I’ve found is ‘Bear Naked’ brand; their original cinnamon. For a quarter cup it’s 5 grams protein to 15 grams carbs!
In terms of sweetener for the yogurt, I’ll stir in some Organic Agave syrup. It’s not artificial and it’s low glycemic. It doesn’t take a lot to take the edge off the taste of the yogurt. You can get it at a great price at Costco if you have a membership there.
I mix mine with Milo for some flavour, but I'm thinking about switching to peanut and giving that a try, to add some protein.
- How can you make sure to have a great breakfast every day?
- Do you have any breakfast suggestions for people allergic to milk?
- Any suggestions for make-ahead breakfasts?
- What is your morning excercise routine?
- How early do you eat breakfast?
- What do you love about your body?
- How can I make myself hungry if I don’t want to eat in the morning?
- Do you have any fast breakfast options?
- What are some healthy on the go breakfast options?
- I like to eat boiled egg every day for breakfast. Do you think that is good or should I change to be only 3 days with egg and others with oats and milk?