To prevent injury whilst exercising it it a good idea to stretch and warm up first to stop the risk of injuries such a pulled muscles and twisted ankels
- How to be constantly motivated to do exercise regularly and completely.
- What tunes or podcasts do you listen to, if any, when you work out?
- What sort of exercise do you do?
- How can I celebrate my everyday success?
- I live on the third floor of my apartment so I always feel bad about exercising in the morning. Is there something I can do that’s easy but won’t make too much noise?
Emílio Da costa
I’m in my mid -forties playing long tennis matches multiple times a week. I’ve developed a ritual before every match that helps me prevent injury. I always take a hot shower—as hot as I can handle —and I do a few toe touches and shoulder stretches under the hot water before my match. I drink lots of water and always have a banana. I tape problem areas (elbow) and sometimes i’ll take an ibuprofen. I never skip a full warm up. This helps calm me, energize me, it gets me into a success mindset and I feel loose and limber!
It’s best to warmup first by walking and then stretching thoroughly before starting any exercise. Do not push yourself to the point where your body hurts because an injury is bound to soon follow.
Jane Fonda’s ”Make it burn!” is actually bad advice. Instead, pay attention to your body, and select coaches, instructors, and/or trainers who will allow you to work at your own pace. A heart rate monitor and initial assessments will be helpful. If you have existing health issues, make sure you consult your care team before starting a new program.
- How do you make the morning workout stick and become a daily routine?
- What’s your go-to “I don’t want to work out” workout?
- How on earth do I motivate myself to actually do it consistently? 🙁
- any short workouts that you recommand?
- Do you love what you wear for workouts?
- How do you decide what to do for exercise each day?
- Please give me some examples of healthy breakfasts for picky eaters.
- What excercises/sports do you do for healthy life?
- What kind of exercise is okay to do? Can I do whatever I want?
- How often do normal people on this app exercise for?