Em Lio Q.
I’m in my mid -forties playing long tennis matches multiple times a week. I’ve developed a ritual before every match that helps me prevent injury. I always take a hot shower—as hot as I can handle —and I do a few toe touches and shoulder stretches under the hot water before my match. I drink lots of water and always have a banana. I tape problem areas (elbow) and sometimes i’ll take an ibuprofen. I never skip a full warm up. This helps calm me, energize me, it gets me into a success mindset and I feel loose and limber!
It’s best to warmup first by walking and then stretching thoroughly before starting any exercise. Do not push yourself to the point where your body hurts because an injury is bound to soon follow.
To prevent injury whilst exercising it it a good idea to stretch and warm up first to stop the risk of injuries such a pulled muscles and twisted ankels
Jane Fonda’s ”Make it burn!” is actually bad advice. Instead, pay attention to your body, and select coaches, instructors, and/or trainers who will allow you to work at your own pace. A heart rate monitor and initial assessments will be helpful. If you have existing health issues, make sure you consult your care team before starting a new program.
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?