1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2-2/3 cup water
2 minutes in the microwave
Then add your favourite toppings. I usually put a scoop or two of yogurt and some frozen blueberries. Sometimes some fresh banana slices.
You can use any fruit (fresh or frozen), pre-chopped nuts, raisins, other dried fruits, honey, milk, whatever. If I want a real treat I put a bit of maple syrup or a sprinkle of brown sugar
Ready prepared curly kale(available in most supermarkets)
Frozen berries (your preference)
250ml water or more to your taste
Put in nutribullet or blender and whizz together for one minute. Repeat as necessary and enjoy!!!
If you prefer a light breakfast or need small side item to go with your breakfast take a berrie nut mixture and put it ontop of either unsweetened yogurt (I prefer greek) or a bed of fresh spinach.
For a more substantial breakfast eat that on the side with chicken (pulled off a rotisserie chicken) dipped in your favorite jam (I recommend apricot jam).
For a meal on the go I turn to a peanut butter and honey sandwich on raisin bread (my guilty breakfast pleasure). It's even better if you can slice or mash up a banana to go on it!
On the note of bananas. Frozen bananas are amazing (they taste like a cream popsicle). You can dip them in peanut butter, hazelnut spread,or chocolate spread (if you need treat yourself!).
If the microwave is an option scrambled eggs are easy and surprisingly good. Microwave 30sec, stir and then microwave till done (about another 10sec). I like mine with raisin mixed in, they're also good with nuts, herbs (rosemary!), or other berries.
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??