1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2-2/3 cup water
2 minutes in the microwave
Then add your favourite toppings. I usually put a scoop or two of yogurt and some frozen blueberries. Sometimes some fresh banana slices.
You can use any fruit (fresh or frozen), pre-chopped nuts, raisins, other dried fruits, honey, milk, whatever. If I want a real treat I put a bit of maple syrup or a sprinkle of brown sugar
Ready prepared curly kale(available in most supermarkets)
Frozen berries (your preference)
250ml water or more to your taste
Put in nutribullet or blender and whizz together for one minute. Repeat as necessary and enjoy!!!
If you prefer a light breakfast or need small side item to go with your breakfast take a berrie nut mixture and put it ontop of either unsweetened yogurt (I prefer greek) or a bed of fresh spinach.
For a more substantial breakfast eat that on the side with chicken (pulled off a rotisserie chicken) dipped in your favorite jam (I recommend apricot jam).
For a meal on the go I turn to a peanut butter and honey sandwich on raisin bread (my guilty breakfast pleasure). It's even better if you can slice or mash up a banana to go on it!
On the note of bananas. Frozen bananas are amazing (they taste like a cream popsicle). You can dip them in peanut butter, hazelnut spread,or chocolate spread (if you need treat yourself!).
If the microwave is an option scrambled eggs are easy and surprisingly good. Microwave 30sec, stir and then microwave till done (about another 10sec). I like mine with raisin mixed in, they're also good with nuts, herbs (rosemary!), or other berries.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.