1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2-2/3 cup water
2 minutes in the microwave
Then add your favourite toppings. I usually put a scoop or two of yogurt and some frozen blueberries. Sometimes some fresh banana slices.
You can use any fruit (fresh or frozen), pre-chopped nuts, raisins, other dried fruits, honey, milk, whatever. If I want a real treat I put a bit of maple syrup or a sprinkle of brown sugar
Ready prepared curly kale(available in most supermarkets)
Frozen berries (your preference)
250ml water or more to your taste
Put in nutribullet or blender and whizz together for one minute. Repeat as necessary and enjoy!!!
If you prefer a light breakfast or need small side item to go with your breakfast take a berrie nut mixture and put it ontop of either unsweetened yogurt (I prefer greek) or a bed of fresh spinach.
For a more substantial breakfast eat that on the side with chicken (pulled off a rotisserie chicken) dipped in your favorite jam (I recommend apricot jam).
For a meal on the go I turn to a peanut butter and honey sandwich on raisin bread (my guilty breakfast pleasure). It's even better if you can slice or mash up a banana to go on it!
On the note of bananas. Frozen bananas are amazing (they taste like a cream popsicle). You can dip them in peanut butter, hazelnut spread,or chocolate spread (if you need treat yourself!).
If the microwave is an option scrambled eggs are easy and surprisingly good. Microwave 30sec, stir and then microwave till done (about another 10sec). I like mine with raisin mixed in, they're also good with nuts, herbs (rosemary!), or other berries.
- How can you make sure to have a great breakfast every day?
- Do you have any breakfast suggestions for people allergic to milk?
- Any suggestions for make-ahead breakfasts?
- What is your morning excercise routine?
- How early do you eat breakfast?
- What do you love about your body?
- How can I make myself hungry if I don’t want to eat in the morning?
- Do you have any fast breakfast options?
- What are some healthy on the go breakfast options?
- I like to eat boiled egg every day for breakfast. Do you think that is good or should I change to be only 3 days with egg and others with oats and milk?