- How do you deal with tiredness at work. Yes of course the obvious answer is to get sleep going forward, but at that moment in time, you’re already at work so what do you do?
- Are there tricks or tools to help me complete my deep work with fewer family distractions?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- What time do you usually do the Deep Work habit?
- What’s tough is that my schedule is different every day. I can’t count on having the same time available day over day, week over week. How do you succeed with a crazy schedule?
It all boils down to the mental preparation you put into your routine and the "why" of your wanting to do the deep work. If you have that clarification in your mind, the rest is easy to take care of.
Sometimes, if the train is not too crowded, I actually do the deep work while on commute. Sometimes Ido it before so Ican enjoy reading on the train.
(1) I designate a particular physical space for Deep Work—one with a couple of qualities similar to the space one might create for meditation (“a quiet space where you won’t be interrupted”). However, because meditation, for me, usually takes around ten minutes, a bedroom with the door closed suffices. For Deep Work, I try when I can to use a space outside my home, such as a library or a coffee shop (the Starbucks where I am is usually quiet enough; other coffee shops are not).
(2) To get started, I tell myself I only have to work for 25 minutes. Often once I get started, I can get into “the zone” and work for 45 minutes (sometimes longer if my schedule allows).
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?