It depends on your weight and activity level, and whether you’re trying to lose or gain weight. The most important thing is to eat a breakfast that will hold you through the morning.
I find that oatmeal (high in fiber and with a low glycemic index – the sugars are digested more slowly) with some peanut butter for protein fills me up and really “sticks to my ribs” so to speak. If I’m hungry later in the morning I try to have yogurt. That’s based on me being 205#, work in an office, and trying to lose weight. If you’re more active, you’ll want to eat more.
There are a number of apps that have free options that can help you plan your calorie intake to balance it for the day. I use Lose It!, and Under Armor makes a good tracker, too.
If you’re looking to judge what works best for you, tracking what you eat – either with paper and pen in a notebook, or with an app, will help you be more aware of how your breakfast impacts your hunger throughout the morning.
I do believe that you need a lot of energy after long hibernation. But no matter what i think, I eat a lot, cuz I'm a hugry man in the morning.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.