My goal is to be able to do a split, let's see how that goes after 10 years in front of my laptop…. 😀
If I am going to stretch, it’s usually during/after something more intense (running) or more focused on one body party (weight lifting focusing on legs) and I would warm up first, stretch a little, work out, and stretch again. If it’s yoga, you’re good to go – all one giant stretch!
The stretching after gives your body a chance to recover. Spend some time in each stretch to really let the muscles relax
It is just as important to stretch muscles after exercise to remove lactic acid that can build up in the muscles.
And stretching relieves
- What is your favourite exercise?
- How do you get yourself to stick to your routine when your schedule is altered?
- What are the best exercises that you can do from home and take up minimal space?
- What are some more exercises to activate the core?
- What’s your go-to workout when you have 10 minutes?
- How do you get through depression?
- What is the lowest barrier form of exercise or activity that gets you moving on days when you feel too tense, too busy, or inversely too lazy to break a sweat?
- What are your at-home essentials for working out?
- What changes did you make in your diet to support your exercise routine?
- I recently tore the meniscus in both knees and it cut out my entire exercise routine. I can’t stand, walk, or bend my knees more than slightly. What can I do for exercise?