My goal is to be able to do a split, let's see how that goes after 10 years in front of my laptop…. 😀
If I am going to stretch, it’s usually during/after something more intense (running) or more focused on one body party (weight lifting focusing on legs) and I would warm up first, stretch a little, work out, and stretch again. If it’s yoga, you’re good to go – all one giant stretch!
The stretching after gives your body a chance to recover. Spend some time in each stretch to really let the muscles relax
It is just as important to stretch muscles after exercise to remove lactic acid that can build up in the muscles.
And stretching relieves
- How do you keep to your exercise routine when life is extra stressful?
- What do you do about your exercise routine when you’re sick?
- Do you enjoy the process of completing your habits? Or are they a chore?
- What if you hate exercise, what do you do? I am also not the kind of person to dance around by myself. Any suggestions?
- Does it help to set goals or build habits?
- What helps you to get out of bed easiest?
- How many days a week is good to exercise?
- How do you handle marking the exercise habit if you exercise every two days, or if you take rest days?
- How long does it take before exercise starts getting easier?
- Is weight the consuming thought that makes you believe you need exercise or is the continuous good energy you feel after you complete a exercise routine you thought previously you couldn’t?