For shoulder and arm stretches, pull your arm across your body and gently pull outwards. By placing the opposite hand on your shoulder for stability. That way you can stand up and stretch anywhere you are.
I like to take time to stretch out my shoulders/back in the middle of the day. I start by clasping my hands behind my lower back, then pull my hands upward and shoulders back. Then I place my left arm across the front of my shoulders to the right, place my right hand on the left shoulder and gently apply pressure to stretch it out. Repeat on the other side. Then I raise my left arm straight up, bend at the elbow and walk my fingers down the left shoulder, while using the right hand to apply pressure to the left elbow to maximize the stretch, repeat on the other side. Lastly I give myself a big hug. Hope this helps!
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?