For shoulder and arm stretches, pull your arm across your body and gently pull outwards. By placing the opposite hand on your shoulder for stability. That way you can stand up and stretch anywhere you are.
I like to take time to stretch out my shoulders/back in the middle of the day. I start by clasping my hands behind my lower back, then pull my hands upward and shoulders back. Then I place my left arm across the front of my shoulders to the right, place my right hand on the left shoulder and gently apply pressure to stretch it out. Repeat on the other side. Then I raise my left arm straight up, bend at the elbow and walk my fingers down the left shoulder, while using the right hand to apply pressure to the left elbow to maximize the stretch, repeat on the other side. Lastly I give myself a big hug. Hope this helps!
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?