For a breakfast you could have some scrambled eggs with spinach and toast bread with avocado on top and coffee or tea. Another idea may be Greek yogurt with fruit like strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, bananas, mixed with some cereal and nuts. Smoothies in the morning are the best too, refreshing and nutritious, there are so many actually. Like blueberry, peanut butter, chocolate, strawberry, mint, etc. Oat pancakes too, wraps, sandwiches.
Bircher muesli is incredible! Filling and I tend to have a lot more energy for the rest of my day. One downer is that you will have to take out time to make the oats the night before but other than that, worth it! If you’re more of the savoury type, try a Korslose Groente tert (crustless vegetable pie). The more vegetables, the better. And it makes for incredible leftovers. 🙂 I hope this helps? All the best with your journey. YOU’VE GOT THIS!!
I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really good, and I plan on making it my breakfast tomorrow, it's called cloud eggs, you could find the recipe on the Tasty website, and it's fairly simple and only requires an egg and some seasoning of choice. Another one i recommend are oatmeal cookies, all you need is 1 cup of oats, 1 banana, and optionally you can add some other things too, then bake them in the oven (i forgot how long and what temperature), and done! They are more on the chewy side, but that's what gives them
I’ve been experimenting with different breakfast ideas of late. I’ve decided that homemade granola will be my go to with a side of Greek yogurt and a banana. The granola is really easy to make: oats, coconut oil, honey, sliced almonds, cinnamon and toss it together and in the oven. It’s great and delicious.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.