I usually like to put oats, any vegetable milk (i like unswetened almond milk), flax seeds, chia seeds, spices (cinamon, nutmeg or ginger) and fruit (bananas, apples or pear). Sometimes I like a small spoon of unswetened nut butrer as well 🙂
-Fat (coconut oil, nut butter, avocado)
-Fiber (chia seed, flaxseed, avocado)
-Green (kale, spinach, cucumber)
Otherwise, a pre-hard boiled egg and a slice of toast is a great quick breakfast on the go, especially after exercise. It has a good protein-carb balance (not fit for the low-carb challenge).
Blend with orange juice or coconut water.
The alternative, which requires a bit of planning, is to find protein powders, like whey, which will not overly influence the flavor, or are designed to be added to shakes and smoothies. These are usually available in sports stores since they are often used to help build muscle.
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?