-Fat (coconut oil, nut butter, avocado)
-Fiber (chia seed, flaxseed, avocado)
-Green (kale, spinach, cucumber)
Otherwise, a pre-hard boiled egg and a slice of toast is a great quick breakfast on the go, especially after exercise. It has a good protein-carb balance (not fit for the low-carb challenge).
I usually like to put oats, any vegetable milk (i like unswetened almond milk), flax seeds, chia seeds, spices (cinamon, nutmeg or ginger) and fruit (bananas, apples or pear). Sometimes I like a small spoon of unswetened nut butrer as well 🙂
Blend with orange juice or coconut water.
The alternative, which requires a bit of planning, is to find protein powders, like whey, which will not overly influence the flavor, or are designed to be added to shakes and smoothies. These are usually available in sports stores since they are often used to help build muscle.
- Need tips on great Indian vegetarian breakfast items.
- Is it ok to eat soba noodle in the morning?
- What tasty breakfast is easy to prepare with lots of protein and veg?
- What is your favorite easy breakfast?
- What is a quick healthy breakfast choice for kids?
- What are some good healthy vegan breakfast ideas to make when I’m short of time in the morning?
- What’s a good upset stomach breakfast?
- I travel a lot for work. Do you have any generic recommendations for breakfast on the road?
- When you are pressed for time in the morning, how do you still have a good breakfast?
- What specifically do you like to make in the morning for breakfast?