I usually like to put oats, any vegetable milk (i like unswetened almond milk), flax seeds, chia seeds, spices (cinamon, nutmeg or ginger) and fruit (bananas, apples or pear). Sometimes I like a small spoon of unswetened nut butrer as well 🙂
-Fat (coconut oil, nut butter, avocado)
-Fiber (chia seed, flaxseed, avocado)
-Green (kale, spinach, cucumber)
Otherwise, a pre-hard boiled egg and a slice of toast is a great quick breakfast on the go, especially after exercise. It has a good protein-carb balance (not fit for the low-carb challenge).
Blend with orange juice or coconut water.
The alternative, which requires a bit of planning, is to find protein powders, like whey, which will not overly influence the flavor, or are designed to be added to shakes and smoothies. These are usually available in sports stores since they are often used to help build muscle.
- What are some good breakfast ideas?
- Would love to know more gluten-free vegan (no dairy, no egg, no cheese, no soy, no sesame) breakfast ideas that are simple (few ingredients) to prepare.
- What are some different types of healthy breakfasts you recommend?
- What do you when you run out of time in the morning?
- What do you do when you really crave donuts or frozen French toast for breakfast?
- I usually eat my breakfast in the car and it is the same every day. A banana. How can I add variety and still maintain a flexible breakfast?
- What is your favorite vegan breakfast without sugar?
- What kind of smoothie do you recommend?
- What can I drink in the morning instead of coffee?
- Is banana bread and apple sauce a good breakfast?