One piece of advice I found helpful is to start with the sink (shine your sink): clear things out and wipe it down.
Another method is to set a time limit, like 20 minutes or one podcast.
Pick a small task: put away laundry, pick up things of the bedroom floor, etc. Stop when the time is up. It isn't about how much you do but that you start doing it. It is kind of like exercise or meditation. Just a tiny bit.
It also helps me to break it down into super super small tasks. This cartoon helps https://twitter.com/baph0meat/status/1187072643423490050?s=21
- How do you keep kitchen counters free of clutter?
- I have a HUGE pile of papers on my desk? How doI get rid of it before the end of the year?
- Is 10 minutes everyday enough for you to keep your whole flat/house cleaned? How to use the time better?
- What is the best order to start cleaning your room?
- Do you have a laundry routine?
- What is your best tidying tip?
- How do you get organized and stay organized?
- What must you do all the time ?
- Yes say you have children and they always mess up things constantly . How do I still manage to keep it clean and tidy?
- Do you have any tips in ordering your time?