I prefer to meditate sitting up either on the floor of a deep pile rug in my study or in my armchair. But anywhere really that I am comfortable.
I enjoy laying down in my bed and meditating with ear buds in. I have tight hips so crossing my legs sometimes is very uncomfortable. I feel rested yet also still alert even though I’m laying down. It’s good for yoga nidra – sleep based meditation.
I have a few places I like. I will sit somewhere I can see sunlight on the floor on a yoga mat at home. Outside can be nice, directly on the grass, or bring a blanket. But most often I meditate at my desk at work because that's where I need to stop and take a breather the most.
I like to meditate in my own room, with the door closed. Sometimes I lie down on the bed and use the Fabulous body scan. Other times, I sit on a meditation cushion on the floor (the cushion is just the right balance between firm and giving because it’s filled with buckwheat; I got it on Amazon), and I use The Daily Calm.
My own room is my favourite place.. i love meditating on my bed. It helps me sleep well and also as i am meditating in room, it gives nice energies to room. I always feel good in theroom because of that.
I prefer meditating in the morning in order to set the intention of the day and to have a right mind set for the whole day. That’s why I prefer meditating in my bedroom, after I open my window, to hear the nature.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?