I enjoy laying down in my bed and meditating with ear buds in. I have tight hips so crossing my legs sometimes is very uncomfortable. I feel rested yet also still alert even though I’m laying down. It’s good for yoga nidra – sleep based meditation.
I prefer to meditate sitting up either on the floor of a deep pile rug in my study or in my armchair. But anywhere really that I am comfortable.
I have a few places I like. I will sit somewhere I can see sunlight on the floor on a yoga mat at home. Outside can be nice, directly on the grass, or bring a blanket. But most often I meditate at my desk at work because that's where I need to stop and take a breather the most.
I like to meditate in my own room, with the door closed. Sometimes I lie down on the bed and use the Fabulous body scan. Other times, I sit on a meditation cushion on the floor (the cushion is just the right balance between firm and giving because it’s filled with buckwheat; I got it on Amazon), and I use The Daily Calm.
My own room is my favourite place.. i love meditating on my bed. It helps me sleep well and also as i am meditating in room, it gives nice energies to room. I always feel good in theroom because of that.
I prefer meditating in the morning in order to set the intention of the day and to have a right mind set for the whole day. That’s why I prefer meditating in my bedroom, after I open my window, to hear the nature.
- Do you find meditation more helpful in the morning or the evening?
- How do you keep yourself motivated and disciplined?
- How many hours should you meditate?
- What’s your length goal for meditating? How long do you want to be able to meditate for?
- How long do you meditate for and at what time of day?
- What is your main aim of meditation?
- What is the recommended amount of time to meditate?
- Is it normal to almost go into sleep, then awake in your mind in time for the end of meditation cycle?
- Is it better to do the same meditation multiple times in a row/use the same app/stick to the same teacher, or better to change it up and do a different meditation every day?
- When do you meditate? For how long?