That happens to me too, and you should not feel bad about not getting everything done on day one. One issue might be your tasks are too broad and need to be broken down into smaller subtasks that are easier to visualize and therefore easier to initiate and get done. Another thing you can do is to prioritize your tasks into the three that are most important, three that are secondary, in three that are low priority. You might also try starting with the easiest task first. Some might say we should start with the hardest task when you have the most energy, but I believe if one is having trouble getting started, doing the easiest task first helps build momentum. I hope this helps!
Set up alarms for each task and set up for it to get it most likely done. Tell people around you to remind you of the task.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??