Working with my massage therapist, I was told that you should extend until you feel the full tension/tightness and hold it for 45 seconds. This will provide positive effects of relaxing that tension for a few hours at a time.
I stretch before exercise and after. I stretch all over and concentrate on my hamstrings. Other times to stretch is after sitting for a long period and right before bed because it relaxes my body.
After swimming practice. I have two hours swimming and my muscles are so tired after that. I usually stretch for 15 minutes through whole body
I stretch before bed. Depending on the night, I’ll stretch for as long as 5 minutes. I listen to my body and decide what needs to be addressed each day. I’m at the gym each evening for 2-3 hours so this doesn’t include the time I spend stretching pre/post workout.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?