Working with my massage therapist, I was told that you should extend until you feel the full tension/tightness and hold it for 45 seconds. This will provide positive effects of relaxing that tension for a few hours at a time.
I stretch before exercise and after. I stretch all over and concentrate on my hamstrings. Other times to stretch is after sitting for a long period and right before bed because it relaxes my body.
After swimming practice. I have two hours swimming and my muscles are so tired after that. I usually stretch for 15 minutes through whole body
I stretch before bed. Depending on the night, I’ll stretch for as long as 5 minutes. I listen to my body and decide what needs to be addressed each day. I’m at the gym each evening for 2-3 hours so this doesn’t include the time I spend stretching pre/post workout.
- What are your favourite neck stretches?
- Which stretched do you find most useful to relieve joint pain and lower back pain ?
- Do you stretch longer than the required minute?
- How long it’s effective to keep each stretching position?
- Do you think that regular progressive stretching will make your joints be more flexible?
- What is a good stretch for the neck
- When you stretch do you feel where you are stretching with you’re hand?
- I hurt my left lower leg when walking , in back , wonder what stretch to best do in order to get normal leg movement again ?
- How do you feel when stretching?
- What are the best quick and easy yet proven effective stretch exercises? And best exercises for me being a 45 year old health concise person be please.